Code of Ethics
The Purpose of this Code of Ethics is to provide the Investment Property Owners Association of Nova Scotia (IPOANS) Board of Directors, volunteers and employees with a set of guidelines to build and maintain high standards of respect, integrity and credibility within IPOANS, the business community, the communities in which we work and serve and the general public. This Code of Ethics shall guide IPOANS in all actions and/or activities associated with the operation and management of a non-profit association whose membership is comprised of owners, managers and developers of properties in the multi-unit residential rental industry within the Province of Nova Scotia.
- Abide by the By-Laws, Code of Ethics and Code of Conduct established for the association and its members.
- Adhere to high standards of ethical and professional behavior.
- Act in a responsible manner and practice sound business management principles.
- Engage in activities that enhances credibility and value to members.
- Inform and educate members on relevant information pertaining to multi-unit residential rental buildings and tenancies to enhance the professional profile of members and IPOANS, as an association.
- Facilitate programs and learning sessions to enhance the professional performance and services members provide to the general public.
- Commit to expanding the knowledge of the multi-unit residential rental industry through continuous learning and skills development programs offered to members in partnership with an institution of higher learning.
- Provide value to members through supplier partnerships, networking events and access to resources.
- Advocate openly, within established and acceptable forums for debate, with appropriate government departments to influence decision-making and obtain positive results on issues negatively impacting the multi-unit residential rental industry.
- Build trust among members by maximizing an open exchange of information while protecting the privacy of all members.
- Promote and support the Canadian Federation of Apartment Associations (CFAA) and affiliated apartment associations.
- This Code of Ethics may be amended by IPOANS from time to time. Enforcement and/or interpretation rest solely with IPOANS and its Board of Directors and does not imply or create any rights in favor of any specific Board Member, volunteer or employee other than IPOANS.