Online – Residential Property Management Course
90 hours of instruction
Certificate of Professional Studies – Residential Property Management Upon Successful Completion
Start: September 28, 2021
End: January 2022
Instructor: Erin McNutt
Participants will become familiar with the opportunities and challenges of residential property management and access resources and connections relevant to this field. From examining critical aspects of the Residential Tenancies Act to discussing issues with existing landlords and apartment managers, the course will be very current and highly interactive.
Online flexibility allows participants to complete lessons around scheduled work place hours. Participants must have a High School Graduation Diploma or equivalent.
Learning Outcomes Overview
- Apply human resource processes and procedures following the relevant employment regulations and legislation: Labour Standards Act, Human Rights Act and the Occupational Health and Safety Act.
- Identify property assessment and financial management tools and strategies to analyze, manage and oversee the viability of a property to industry standards.
- Apply effective customer service and mediation strategies throughout the tenant life cycle.
- Access the related legal resources required for property management according to provincial and municipal legal standards.
- Explain marketing concepts and implement in day-to-day operations.
- Apply property maintenance and risk management procedures to industry standards.
To view testimonials: https://www.ipoans.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/09/TESTIMONIALS.pdf
T: (902) 425-3572
Landlord Registry™, I Rent It Right™
Building Maintenance Fundamentals
Course Hours: 60
First Class: Postponed
IPOANS’ NSCC designed 60-hour Building Maintenance Fundamentals course delivers basic instruction in trades-related skills used by building maintenance technicians and related workers. Upon successful completion, participants will have an understanding in performing general and preventative maintenance services to deliver safe, comfortable living conditions for building residents. Ranging across several fields, the course includes carpentry, plumbing, electrical and other areas providing participants with basic understanding of maintenance essentials as well as skills for immediate maintenance and repair. NSCC qualified trades instructors provide participants with hands-on exercises in NSCC’s training facilities to gain familiarity with basic building systems, utilities, components, and processes used in basic facility maintenance.
Building Maintenance Service Excellence
Course Hours: 30
First Class: Postponed
Evenings: Times and Days TBD
The Building Maintenance Service Excellence course provides building maintenance technicians and related workers with awareness and skills in providing valuable and respectful service in the conduct of their work in general and preventative maintenance. The course focuses on taking responsibility and pride in the work to ensure quality and to maintain a strong reputation for the property owners. It provides various best practices and general principles that will present a professional image of the property owner’s organization while ensuring safe and comfortable living conditions for residents.